Enjoy your visit! The zoo is a wonderful place in which to explore, learn and relax. Our few rules help ensure an enjoyable and safe experience for our Guest and the Animals.
NOTICE! The time of an animal encounter may need to be adjusted or delayed when an animal has become overstimulated or needs rest or playtime. If you schedule an encounter, please be patient. Animals do not understand human schedules. We always put the well-being of our animals first. Due to an animals's age or its temperament at the time of an encounter, we cannot guarantee that on any encounter you will be able to hold the animal. With patience, we will give you the best encounter possible and assure the well-being of our animals.
In order to maintain a safe and fun-filled environment, visitors of all ages are expected to closely observe all of the rules.
- Be kind to the animals. If you harass or intentionally harm an animal, you will be escorted out of the zoo.
- Sorry, no pets (service animals are permitted).
- No distribution of printed literature of any kind in or at the zoo.
- Feeding animals is prohibited in all areas of the zoo unless occupied with a Zookeeper or Trainer and they provide the diet. Our animals have scientifically formulated diets to ensure their health and well-being.
- For your safety and to help preserve our valuable plant and tree collection, please stay on the pathways. Do not pick any plants or leaves.
- Speak nicely. Vulgar, profane, or disrespectful language is not allowed.
- If you decide to bring your own food, picnic tables at the gift shop are available for your use.
- For the safety and comfort of our guests and animals, smoking is not permitted at the Zoo or Gift Shop.
- No Photography or video is allowed except on designated photo tours.
- For the Safety of our Guest and Animals, NO weapons, alcohol, smoking, recreational drugs, strollers or walkers are allowed.
- For the Safety of the guest and animals all guest will have to sanitize before and after each encounter.
Note: Dade City’s Wild Things visitors may be photographed or videotaped during their visit. Their likeness may be used for marketing, advertising or public relations purposes without compensation.